In the times that we’re living, the only thing you’ll need to start learning is an internet connection. So get started now!
This post will focus on some online sites where you can begin your online learning journey. I will also discuss why learning online is important, and why it could be a better option than the traditional education system.
Benefits of e-learning:
- Whenever whatever and wherever: You can learn anything you wish to learn, whenever you want and wherever you are. There are varieties of topics to choose the best from. If you have an internet connection, you can start learning. You can review and read lessons at your own pace.
- Lower cost: Online education is cheaper than attending classes at a traditional school. Since thousands of students can get educated through the same course and at the same time, it is a much for efficient way of instruction. (1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 10 and 5+5=10)
- Interest in learning: Majority of students go to college or school because their parents what them to go. Few students are motivated enough to go to school just to learn. And if they’re not interested in learning, they won’t understand what the teacher is trying to teach them. But when you take an online course, it is because you are interested in that topic. Choosing your own course, and pace of study will make you more comfortable in learning and you are ready to face any problem or questions. You will think about it without any obligations and make progress.
Options for e-learning:
- edX: You may never get accepted to Harvard, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take a course or two. Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and is governed by MIT and Harvard. The site offers both free and paid classes, and you can pick courses from the best universities, at a fraction of the cost.
- Khan Academy: Khan Academy is a not-for-profit organization with a goal of changing education for the better by providing free world-class education to anyone, anywhere.
- Coursera: This one was founded by a couple of Standford University professors, and also offers both free and paid courses.
- Wikiversity Wikiversity is learning community devoted to learning resources, learning projects, and research for use in all levels, types, and styles of education. If you aren’t looking to take a course but learn about a topic, this may be the place for you.
- TED-Ed: If you are a highly visual person who learns by engaging, this is the right stop for you. Also right for you if you aren’t looking for a course, but simply looking to expand your knowledge. You can pick your topic and specific lessons from their huge library of video lessons.
Learning and making yourself better is the ultimate best practice for a healthy life. As humans, our goal should be to always keep learning and improving ourselves. What are some great sites you know of that weren’t mentioned? Comment below.
Also check out this great deal on learning: Get Shaw Academy Premium Membership For Free from NTC