We are looking for a creative and driven editorial assistant to join our team. The editorial assistant will be responsible for day to day functioning of the website and social media accounts.
This is a paid position based on the experience of the candidate. It’s an opportunity for someone willing to put in the effort to grow along with the company, create their own position and build an exceptional resume in the process. If hired, you will have the opportunity to learn the nitty-gritty of maintaining and updating a content management system, learn skills related to marketing, event management, journalism and develop writing and communication skills.
- Assist in editing and reviewing user submitted content
- Assist in creating, scheduling blog and social media posts
- Monitor the web for opportunities to bring in new talent and new partnerships
- Monitor and research advertising opportunities
- Help with designing logos and other graphic materials when needed
- Assist with marketing efforts
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and passion for the arts
- Must be responsible and able to work independently
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must have an open mind and willingness to try new things
- Must be able to work (online) at least 10 hours a week
- Prior experience with a content management system preferred but not required
- Writing experience preferred but not required
To apply, email your resume to . Please include a note explaining your responsibilities (work, school etc.) and your availability each week. To be considered for the position, you must be available online 10 hours a week.