Here’s the scene – you stumble your way home after the longest work day possible and you’re starved. Not “I’ll have a couple bites of leftovers” hungry but legit HANGRY.
Now, unless you’re me and find cooking to be therapeutic, there’s no way you’re going to spend hours in the kitchen to make a quick meal. So, for my busy peeps who’ve got hungry tummies to feed, you’ll be happy to know that I’ve found the Holy Grail of quick and easy meals. With just a few quick steps, you’ll have the most delicious and hearty dinner with leftovers everyone will fight over!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs (apprx. 8 -10 pieces)
- 6 largely chopped golden potatoes
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tbs red chili flakes
- 2 chicken boullion cubes (or 1 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup water (omit if using chicken broth)
- 1 sliced lemon
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To a large mixing bowl, add chicken thighs and garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, dried basil and red chili flakes. Mix evenly to coat and set aside.
- In a flat baking dish, add all chopped golden potatoes and bay leaves. Set aside.
- In a flat saucepan, heat 1 tbs Olive oil on medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and brown on each side for about 2-3 minutes. (You want to get that golden brown crusty outside. Don’t worry about the meat being fully cooked as the rest of the cooking will happen in the oven!)
- Transfer the meat to the flat baking dish on top of the potatoes.
- To a mixing bowl, add the 1/2 cup of water and chicken boullion cubes and mix together. Pour over the meat and potatoes. You may skip the mixing step if you’re using chicken broth and just add the broth directly to the meat and potatoes dish.
- Top off the dish with slices of lemon and cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes covered or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Remove foil and broil on 450 degrees Farenheit for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad or jasmine rice!
Bon Appetite my loves ❤