With national emergency declaration and travel ban from Europe due to coronavirus, a certain wave of panicked hit the grocery stores in different stores around the states. People started shopping and preparing for the possible quarantine for next 1-2 months which led to the store going empty and long lines to get the basic necessity. Here are some of the photos from around the states which portray the situation in the big chain grocery stores.
One single banana left on the shelves of HEB in Conroe, Texas as people start to buy more for possible quarantine.
One Nepali Family walk across the empty Shelves in Sams Club in Manchester, New Hampshire. Toilet Paper has been one of the top items that have been emptied around the store.
Empty Bread Shelves as seen on Sam’s Club, Manchester, New Hampshire.
Why The Toilet Papers are out of stock still remains a mystery?
Here is the latest updates from CDC websites on what’s happening in US due to coronavirus or covid2019.
Situation in U.S.
Different parts of the country are seeing different levels of COVID-19 activity. The United States nationally is currently in the initiation phases, but states, where community spread is occurring, are in the acceleration phase. The duration and severity of each phase can vary depending on the characteristics of the virus and the public health response.
- CDC and state and local public health laboratories are testing for the virus that causes COVID-19. View CDC’s Public Health Laboratory Testing map.
- More and more states are reporting cases of COVID-19 to CDC.
- U.S. COVID-19 cases include:
- Imported cases in travelers
- Cases among close contacts of a known case
- Community-acquired cases where the source of the infection is unknown.
- Three U.S. states are experiencing sustained community spread.
- View latest case counts, deaths, and a map of states with reported cases.